Importing direct from forms

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Importing direct from forms

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    kingconga
    Participant

We need to find a way to import all the information for events from one form. I read a great article showing a way to achieve what we want, except that we want to do it with Formidable Forms.
    http://creativeslice.com/tutorials/gravity-forms-events-calendar-submissions/

Ideally the data would go straight into the calendar when the event is submitted, including the data for venue and organizer.

How was the success with Gravity Forms? can it achieve that? Is there a Formidable solution? if not we might well use gravity with the calendar.

Meanwhile, we are importing data collected on our Formidable via .csv files. We are finding that the import tool only deals with the event and then I’m cut & pasting the venue data into the event edit window. This is too much manual labour and I don’t have time. We need to find a solution quickly. There was a note on the tutorial in the link saying that it is of of date. Do you know of an up to date one please?

Casey
    Participant

kingconga,
    Thanks for reaching out! I can’t personally speak to the accuracy of third-party tutorials, but several users have reported success with this approach. I would suggest following the steps in the tutorial, and reaching out to the author if you have any questions.

Another option is to use the Community Events add-on to allow users to submit events from the front-end of your site. This would be the easiest method with the least amount of setup on your part.

Give those suggestions a try and let me know if I can help to answer further questions. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

kingconga
    Participant

The Formidable Forms route would allow me to add the organizer to an AWeber mailing list as they press submit.
    The support at Formidable replied “This doesn’t require custom code. Go to the “create posts” tab, select the post type for calendar, and add whatever custom fields they require”
    This is great news, except that Events Calendar pro splits info into three separate areas. This is one thing stopping my automation of this process at the moment. The other is that if I have selected ‘venue’ as the custom post type, when I go to ‘custom fields’ to match your fields with Formidable’s, the custom field options don’t seem to match the fields of your post.
    Integration with Formidable would be a great asset to you. If you currently search for ‘Event Calendar pro / Formidable’ there is one post with a question from a failed attempt to which you answer that it would be better not to buy the Pro version.
    Is there a way to add this AWeber function (join a particular list with the e-mail of the organizer) to the Community Events add-on ?
    Thanks
    Tim

kingconga
    Participant

I might have seen the way through. The following tutorial gives the Calendar’s field identities, so it should be the same for Formidable Pro as it is for Gravity forms, except that the custom fields is a built in feature, so no extra plug-in needed. I expect this will be successful, I’ll let you know if not.
    https://tri.be/gravity-forms-events-calendar-submissions/
    regards, Tim

kingconga
    Participant

This reply is private.

kingconga
    Participant

Help came from Formidable Forms:
    http://formidablepro.com/help-desk/integration-with-events-calendar-pro-by-tri-be/#comment-131293

It looks like that plugin wants all those specific $_POST variables
    that are included in that custom code. You need to change this hook:
    add_action(“gform_pre_submission”, “format_event_date”);
    With this one:
    http://formidablepro.com/knowledgebase/frm_validate_entry/

kingconga
    Participant

Update: The attempt to integrate with Formidable has failed, and so I’m now planning hack the code of Community Events to comment out the parts that I don’t want, and to try and set some defaults as I want.
    Any timely tips would be very welcome

Casey
    Participant

Tim,
    Unfortunately not without some custom code. You could filter on the save_post action hook to to do this, and only add the organizer to the AWeber mailing list when creating a new ‘tribe_events’ post type with a value of ‘community_events’ for the custom meta attribute ‘_EventOrigin’ (screenshot). That will ensure that this filter is only activated when a Community event is created.

Hopefully that points you in the right direction, but let me know if you have further questions. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

Casey
    Participant

Wonderful! Thanks for confirming that this got you sorted. Since it looks like you’re all set, I’m going to mark this thread “Answered” and close it out, but feel free to start a new thread if you have further questions.

By the way, if you have a minute or two, we would love it if you’d write a few words for us here: http://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/the-events-calendar?filter=5

Thanks in advance. 🙂

Cheers,
    Casey

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Importing direct from forms’ is closed to new replies.