List view not loading

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO List view not loading

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Julia
    Participant

Hi Guys,
    My list view is taking a long time to load, over a minute.
    I have turned off all plugin other plugins and the issue is still there.
    Plugins are all up to date.

http://dohne.com.au/?post_type=tribe_events&eventDisplay=upcoming

Versions
    The event calendar Version 3.5.1
    The Events Calendar PRO Version 3.5.2

Thank you in advance.

Casey D

Hello ogadesign,

Thanks for contacting us!

I’m not able to tell what is happening by first glance. Strangely, the other views seem to be working just fine, but the upcoming list view does take an abnormally long time.

My first guess is that the database query is holding it up. Can you give me more information about your host and/or server size? Are you on a shared instance? I don’t know if it matters much, but typically queries run slower on smaller systems.

My other guess would be some sort of plugin conflict. Can I have you confirm you deactivated each and every plugin, and changed your theme to a default theme, and the problem still persists?

Does this make sense? Let me know if this doesn’t work for you.

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

Julia
    Participant

This reply is private.

Casey D

Hello ogadesign,

If you are having the same problem with the 2011 theme, I believe this issue is ultimately a problem with the your server size.

Do you know how many total events you are storing? It might be time to upgrade to a stronger instance.

– Casey Driscoll

Julia
    Participant

there is about 25 events in there, I am running the exact same set up on another website, in terms of plugin and versions and I have no issues there… when you say stronger instance, what do you mean.

thank you

Casey D

This is bizarre. Almost any host should be able to handle 25 events very easily.

Sorry for the jargon! ‘Stronger Instance’ just means a larger server share (‘instance’ is just jargon for ‘new server set up’). You have the 1GB version, I was thinking an upgrade would help. But probably not in this case as your server is so small.

There is clearly something preventing the query from executing the query at normal speed.

Can you please confirm that after executing these combined steps in order, the problem still exists?

1. Deactivate ALL plugins
    2. Change theme to Twentytwelve, Twentythirteen or Twentyfourteen
    3. Activate The Events Calendar and The Events Calendar Pro

(Ideally this would happen on a development or staging server instance)

If the query still takes a long time with this set up, we will escalate the issue and see if a dev can help us get to the bottom of this. It may be helpful to contact your host at the same time, to see if they can shed any light on this issue.

Does this make sense? Let me know if this doesn’t work for you.

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

Julia
    Participant

Hi Casey,
    Yep, I have tried all of these, my host believes the servers are ok.
    Thank you for taking the time to look into this.

OGA

Casey D

Hello ogadesign,

I’m pretty stumped at this point :/

Can you update both plugins to 3.6.1 to see if that fixes the issue?

It looks like there is a js conflict with the slider and our query, but I’m not sure. If you deactivated everything and the normalized system still has an issue, it may be out of our hands.

Try updating and if that doesn’t work, we’ll look into it deeper.

Thanks!

– Casey Driscoll

Julia
    Participant

Hi Sorry for the late reply.
    Once updating to 3.6.1 I ran through all the plugins again and have worked out that “Thumbnails for excerpts” was now the problem.
    Once removed everything was ok again.

Thank you for your help

Casey D

Hello ogadesign,

Happy it worked out!

We’d love it if you would leave us a review and let people know how much you like the plugin! http://m.tri.be/jt

I’ll go ahead and close this thread. Let us know if we can help with anything else.

– Casey Driscoll

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘List view not loading’ is closed to new replies.