Move Eventbrite Ticket to the Top

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Move Eventbrite Ticket to the Top

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    teamcarney
    Participant

I can’t seem to get the ticket area moved up on the page.

smallmammothdesign
    Participant

Hi,

Saw this by chance and I might be able to help you out here, because I recently did the same thing on my site (I assume you’re using the latest 3.0 versions of everything).

1) I made the override tribe-events folder in my theme folder, and placed single-event.php in it (can be found in The Events Calendar > Views).

2) In single-event.php, I took the three lines after and moved them up above the section).

3) I then changed the middle line from:
    echo tribe_events_single_event_meta()
    to:
    echo tribe_get_meta( ‘tribe_eb_event’ )

This removes the other two meta boxes and replaces them with just the tickets box, so if you want the other boxes as well you’ll have to call them separately — and I don’t know how you’d go about positioning them below the rest of the content (they need to go between tribe_events_single_event_before_the_meta and tribe_events_single_event_after_the_meta, and I don’t know if you can call the meta section twice).

4) What this doesn’t remove is the related events section, which is somehow linked to tribe_events_single_event_after_the_meta, so I chose to get rid of it entirely. In my theme’s functions.php file, I added the line:
    remove_action( ‘tribe_events_single_event_after_the_meta’, ‘tribe_single_related_events’ );
    (somewhere before the closing ?>)

I’ll be curious to see if the pros have a better way, but since they’ve been a bit slow answering these days I thought I’d share my solution in the meantime. If you want to keep the other meta boxes and the related events, this might not be the way for you… but hopefully it will put you on the right track. Searching here for other tags you want to call could also help: http://docs.tri.be/ — for example, before my revised meta section, I added in custom tags to display some basic info in before the tickets box:
    the_title();
    echo tribe_get_city();
    echo tribe_get_region();
    echo tribe_events_event_schedule_details();
    etc. (each line between the php open and closing tags)

smallmammothdesign
    Participant

Code stripped!

2) Should read:

In single-event.php, I took the three lines after – Event meta – and moved them up above the section – Event content -.

Neill

Hi Teamcarney,

Are you all set here? Thanks to smallmammothdesign for giving you a point in the right direction. I’ll close this out but feel free to open a new thread if you have any other issues?
    Neill

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Move Eventbrite Ticket to the Top’ is closed to new replies.