New registered users events show up as "Draft"

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events New registered users events show up as "Draft"

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    anafeliciano
    Participant

Hi, just purchased this and love all the things it can do to help our company. We are having issues as we started testing this. All our new users tried creating events, and although on my settings I selected “Published” for Default status for submitted events, the events still show up as DRAFTS and don’t show up on the front end of the calendar unless I, the admin, publishes them. Am I missing something? How do I make their events be published right away? I tried this before myself and it worked but now that other people are trying it, it’s not working, that was also after I updated the plugin, could that have something to do with it? Thanks so much for your help and for this amazing plugin!

Barry

Hi – glad you like the plugin! – and sorry you’re hitting difficulties.

What you are describing definitely shouldn’t be happening and I wonder if it’s possible that another component is conflicting. Would it be possible for you to:

• Ensure The Events Calendar and Community Events are up-to-date
    • Deactivate all other plugins
    • Switch from your theme to a default, unmodified theme such as a fresh copy of Twenty Thirteen
    • Test and see if the same problem remains

(Please also visit your Community Events settings tab and re-save the page, even if you don’t need to change anything.)

Assuming this solves the problem, start reactivating everything and test at each stage to see if the problem has returned – this might help us to “zero in” on the conflict, if there is one.

Let me know how you get on!

anafeliciano
    Participant

Thanks Barry, I don’t know about deactivating all of my other plugins, our site is live and used by many everyday. I will try the other things you said and let you know if that gets it fixed.

anafeliciano
    Participant

So, I am not sure what I need to do. I don’t want to have to rebuild my website and was wondering, if I was to deactivate all my plugins and then reactivate again, will my previous settings be lost? I guess I haven’t done this before. I am wondering because it would be a lot of work to have to change all of that again…this would include my theme as well.

Barry

Most things will stay intact but you might find you need to restore your main nav menu or the ordering of widgets in your sidebars and so on – a lot really depends on the specific plugins and theme you are using.

We’d definitely recommend taking a back up before doing anything like this and it is also worth considering running the test in reverse on a test site.

For example, you could simply install a fresh copy of WordPress in a subdirectory and – initially – install just our plugins and see if it works as expected. Assuming it does (it should) start adding all of the plugins and ultimately the same theme as you have on your actual live site and test to see if the problem kicks in once one or more of those components are added.

This way you’ve got a good chance of being able to isolate the conflict without impacting on your live site.

Would that be a possibility here?

Tony Ash
    Participant

Similar problem here. New events are being set to “draft” instead of “published”.

Community Events-
    Allow anonymous submissions: enabled.
    Default status for submitted events: published.

Tony Ash
    Participant

Should have clarified that I’m running WordPress 3.9.1, I disabled all non Events Calendar plugins and I’m running Events Calendar 3.7 with the following add-ons:
    * Community Events
    * Events Calendar PRO
    * The Events Calendar: Filter Bar

Tony Ash
    Participant

This reply is private.

Tony Ash
    Participant

Just checking in to see if any progress is being made on this.
    A little more detail: I confirmed this bug was introduced with the 3.7 update, I reverted back to 3.6.x and community submitted events were not being set to draft status when the “Default status for submitted events” was set to published. The “Default status for submitted events” was working properly.

There is another post in the forum about this issue: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/submitted-events-ends-up-as-draft/

Unfortunately, my time to resolve this has nearly run out, and without the ability to have community submitted events published automatically, I may have to move to use event calendar plugin.

Your prompt reply is appreciated and thanks in advance for your help.

anafeliciano
    Participant

We decided to use the plugin “as is”, since the main feature we were looking for is for clients to be able to make changes to their events and the plugin works fine when making changes. It would be nice if the issue was resolved but we didn’t think it was worth our time to try all those steps recommended.

Tony Ash
    Participant

@anafeliciano – I took the time and I tried all the recommended steps and the problem still remains for me.

* Ensure The Events Calendar and Community Events are up-to-date
    * Deactivate all other plugins
    * Switch from your theme to a default, unmodified theme such as a fresh copy of Twenty Thirteen
    * Test and see if the same problem remains
    * (Please also visit your Community Events settings tab and re-save the page, even if you don’t need to change anything.)

anafeliciano
    Participant

That’s too bad Tony, I hope they get whatever glitch there is resolved soon. It’s an important feature.

Barry

Hi Tony and anafeliciano,

Apologies for the confusion on two counts:

• This is a valid bug and one we have logged as being in need of a fix
    • Tony, we weren’t deliberately ignoring you though it may have seemed that way. Unfortunately the forum only alerts us to updates created by the original poster (anafeliciano) so we were simply unaware of your own posts – we’re aiming to fix that but right now (and, generally speaking, even once it is resolved) it is best to create new threads of your own

One thing that might provide some temporary relief is this snippet created by my colleague Casey. It aims to set submissions by logged in users to a “published” state and submissions by anyone else (if anonymous submissions are allowed) to “draft”. Potentially this might help you workaround the bug and we can probably tweak it further if it doesn’t quite meet your requirements.

Barry

Community Events-
    Allow anonymous submissions: enabled.
    Default status for submitted events: published.

Just to add, to meet these particular requirements you could try changing the snippet mentioned in my last reply to:

add_filter( 'tribe_events_community_sanitize_submission', 'set_community_events_publication_status' );

function set_community_events_publication_status( $submission ) {
        return 'publish';
    }
    Tony Ash
    Participant

Unfortunately, neither snippet worked.
    Both skip checking for required forms and immediately redirect to the homepage. The post is not even saved.
    Thanks for the explanation, I’ll start a new thread.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘New registered users events show up as "Draft"’ is closed to new replies.