Plugin Image Source Control

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Plugin Image Source Control

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Oliver
    Participant

In Germany we have a very restrictive copyright law. Therefore it is necessary to show the copyright owner of a photo posted on a website to avoid expensive fines.

We use the WordPress Plugin “Image Source Control”, which includes the name of the owner of a photo – a brilliant solution.

Unfortunately it looks that “Events Calendar” / “Events Community” does not support this feature. Do you have an idea how this can be implemented? (even with a hack, etc.)

Casey
    Participant

Oheinrich,
    Unfortunately our plugin doesn’t currently support this functionality, but feel free to suggest it as a new feature on our UserVoice page so we can consider this for a future release.

As a workaround, you could definitely add an optional Custom Field for the user to fill in the source information, which would then display when the event is viewed.

Any functionality beyond that would require custom development, which we unfortunately won’t be able to assist with. Take a look at the Community documentation, which will hopefully give you the information you might need for any customizations.

Just let me know if you have further questions. Thanks so much!

Oliver
    Participant

Dear Casey,

thanks you for the info. I will talk to my client if the solution with the additional field is fine for him. If not, I will use the UserVoice page. Maybe other users would like to have that feature, too.

Best regards,
    Oliver

Casey
    Participant

Thanks for confirming that this got you sorted. Unless you disagree, I’m going to mark this thread “Answered” and close it out.

We really appreciate your support and please let us know if you need anything else in the future. If you find yourself with a few minutes and would be so kind as to give us a “Works” rating or a positive star voting on the WordPress.org repo (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/the-events-calendar/), or even a shoutout to your followers on Facebook or Twitter, it would mean a lot to us. Thanks again for using the plugin.

Oliver
    Participant

I talked to my client. The custom field solution is fine for him,
    but he wants to make the “Photo source field” a required field. Is it possible to add an option to the custom fields to make them a required field?

Casey
    Participant

Oliver,
    Unfortunately, that is not currently possible without customizing your Community Submission form.

Take a look at this thread where I explain how to add Custom Javascript to the Community Form, which you would use to make the fields required.

Hopefully that helps get you started in the right direction. Thanks!

Casey
    Participant

Oliver,
    Also, feel free to submit this idea as a feature request for a future release of Community on our UserVoice page.

Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Plugin Image Source Control’ is closed to new replies.