Purchase receipt links triple with Tickets

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Purchase receipt links triple with Tickets

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Diego
    Participant

Hi,

in the EDD Tickets purchase confirmation, the print links appear triple. I send an screenshot.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s0adqbsgx2nng47/Screenshot%202014-01-28%2013.13.40.png

It appears triple also in the purchase receipt sent per email. (Each link goes to the same single or multiple ticket)

We checked that {download_list} template tag appears only once in Email Settings of Downloads.

Diego
    Participant

More info on this: here is the code of the HTML outputted in the Purchase Confirmation:
    http://pastebin.com/smSM8swq
    <li class=”edd_download_file”> seems to be somehow triplicated.

Barry

I’m sorry you’re hitting difficulties here, @Diego.

Unfortunately I cannot replicate this. Have you customized anything in relation to The Events Calendar/EDD/EDD Tickets? Does the same problem happen with no other plugins running and just a default, unmodified theme?

We’d love to help if we can and if you can help us to replicate this that would be a great first step.

Diego
    Participant

Well, the same problem happens with the default theme and deactivating all non-necessary plugins. We are running EDD 1.9.4 TEC 3.4.1 and EDD Tickets 3.4
    Inside this ul <ul class=”edd_purchase_receipt_files”> something is replicating
    <li class=”edd_download_file”>
    print_ticket_url is correct in each link.

Todd
    Participant

I’m having the same problem. Here’s what happens:

I create an event, and a ticket for that event. When I go to “edit in EDD” I see that “Print Ticket” is the product the purchaser downloads. That’s all normal, correct behavior. However, as soon as I update the ticket/product from EDD it creates a duplicate “Print Ticket”. If you try and rename the new “Print Ticket” to something easier, like “Kids Ticket” is creates a third “Print Ticket”. I have one or two sample events with 5 duplicate tickets!

And when the ticket is actually purchased, the buyer gets an email with links to all of the “Print Tickets”, because those are the ‘products’ that EDD thinks they bought.

It’s weird.

Barry

@Todd: that may be the missing part of the puzzle, thanks for sharing that (I didn’t try editing the ticket in EDD and so that might explain why I couldn’t replicate this issue).

Barry

OK, thanks all: I can replicate this now and it certainly looks like a bug in our plugin (rather than an issue with EDD itself) – we’ll get this on the tracker and try to put a fix together as quickly as we can. In the meantime I can only suggest working around it by deleting the duplicate downloads when editing tickets within the EDD editor:

edd-tickets-delete-downloadable

Obviously that’s a bit of a pain, but I hope you can get by with that as an interim measure.

Thanks again for reporting this – we’ll endeavour to update this ticket as soon as we have something further to report.

Todd
    Participant

I can’t. As soon as I hit ‘update’ it generates another duplicate. Try to delete the extra ticket. Especially after renaming the ticket to ‘Adult Ticket’.

Barry

Yep you’re absolutely right. We’re looking at what we can do on this one and will update you as soon as we can.

Barry

Thanks to both of you for your patience. EDD Tickets 3.4.1 is now available and should resolve the problem with download files duplicating. Thanks for your support and patience!

Barry

I’ll go ahead and close this thread – if you do hit further issues like the above or have any other problems please don’t hesitate to post new threads as needed. Thanks!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Purchase receipt links triple with Tickets’ is closed to new replies.