Select multiple categories in upcoming events widget

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Select multiple categories in upcoming events widget

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mike
    Participant

Hi guys

I’d love to be able to select multiple categories in the ‘Events List Advanced Widget’, as there are many times you want to show filtered events by category, but including more than one category.

Currently, the widget interface only allows choosing a single category.

Is this something that can be done for a future version?
    Also, if a developer has any clues or easy implementation for doing this myself, I’d be grateful 🙂

Cheers

Rob

Hey there Mike. This is one we’ve had a ticket open over for quite a while. It’ll be included in a future release (somewhere in the 2.1 life cycle). In the interim, have you checked the blog post Jonah put together about how to fully customize the widgets (https://theeventscalendar.com/how-to-completely-customize-widgets/)? Does that point you in the right direction? Let me know if you’re looking for something more specific.

Mike
    Participant

Hi Rob

The blog post doesn’t help unfortunately, because that’s about how to style the OUTPUT of the widget. I’ve got that under control.

I need to be able to change the CONTENT generated for the widget output (to include additional categories).

Cheers

Jonah
    Participant

Hey Mike,

This is on our roadmap. It might make it into 2.1 but no guarantees.

Thanks,
    Jonah

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Select multiple categories in upcoming events widget’ is closed to new replies.