Sidebar Widget Recurring Events issue

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Sidebar Widget Recurring Events issue

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Joanna Shebson
    Participant

In the calendar widget in the sidebar, all dates get highlighted when the field remains unchecked in the Settings: “Recurring event instances: Show only the first instance of each recurring event (only affects list-style views).”
    Although it says it will only affect list-style view, it seems to be affecting the sidebar calendar widget. Ultimately what we want is:
    Calendar widget in sidebar: show recurring event instances
    List-view: Don’t show recurring event instances.

Thanks!

Casey D

Hello funinjerusalem,

Thanks for contacting us. I believe this is intentional, as the widget and upcoming view are the same behind the scenes. It may be helpful to change the wording on the setting:

“Recurring event instances: Show only the first instance of each recurring event (only affects list-style views and widgets).”

From what I can tell, there is currently no way simple to get what you want. You will probably need to create a template override or filter the query somehow. I don’t believe we have a tutorial for that, but I will contact the dev team to see if there is a relatively easy way to get what you want.

Does this make sense? Let me know if I can explain anything else!

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

Casey D

Hello funinjerusalem,

We typically close threads if there is no activity after two weeks. Feel free to create a new thread and reference this one to save you time.

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Sidebar Widget Recurring Events issue’ is closed to new replies.