Update to new version of Events Calendar Pro failed, please advise asap

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Update to new version of Events Calendar Pro failed, please advise asap

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    w3sights
    Participant

Hello, I just updated the regular events calendar plugin, then logged into my Modern Tribe account and downloaded the new 3.5 version of Events Calendar Pro, but when I uploaded it, I got the following message:;:::
    Unpacking the package…

Installing the plugin…

Destination folder already exists. /home/gbrss/public_html/wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/

Plugin install failed.

So, then, I thought I needed to remove Events Calendar Pro from the Plugins directory, took a look using ftp and couldn’t see it, all I see is the-events-calendar…. Then, I came back to your support and documentation sections and can’t find anything about how to update to a new version… Please advise what I should do asap as the site is live —

Leah

Hi w3sights,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’d be happy to help out.

So first of all, the easiest way for you to update your Events Calendar PRO plugin would be to have your PRO license key entered under Events –> Settings. If your key is saved there, you’ll be able to do simple automatic updates, without having to re-download anything or deal with FTP. You can find your license key in your tri.be account at https://theeventscalendar.com/my-account/license-keys/.

If you need to do a manual update as you described above, there’s just one extra step you’ll need to do. You actually need to go into your WordPress site folders and delete the folder called events-calendar-pro before uploading the new PRO 3.5 file. You shouldn’t lose any data, but we recommend that you backup before updating just in case. Once the file is uploaded, you can activate the plugin and enjoy the new 3.5 features!

If you have any trouble, just let me know and I’d be happy to help out.

Best,

Leah

w3sights
    Participant

Thank you! I didn’t have the PRO license key entered under Events….

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Update to new version of Events Calendar Pro failed, please advise asap’ is closed to new replies.