Version 3 WPML ready?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Version 3 WPML ready?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Michael
    Participant

I remember your plugin of event calendar 2.* still messed up all links to venues and categories while using a multilanguage site with WPML. Did you fixed that in version 3?

Julie Kuehl
    Participant

Hi Michael,

Unfortunately, there are still some troubles with WPML. We are looking to address them, but some users are still reporting issues. While it is a priority, I can’t give you a specific release or date that a fix might be ready. Sorry we can’t offer you more at this time.

Please let me know if there’s anything else I can help you with.

— Julie

Michael
    Participant

I saw today that there is an update for event calendar pro. Did you fix that problem with WPML?

thanks

Julie Kuehl
    Participant

Michael,

Sorry to disappoint you, but the WPML issue did not get resolved in this release. It is still on our roadmap though, so it should make into one of the releases down the road.

Thanks for checking back, though. We appreciate your patience and support.

— Julie

Roberto
    Participant

Hi did u plan will be solved before end of year? We are planning to go online with the new web site with WPML 3 and ECP 3.2 in Jan 2014…

Julie Kuehl
    Participant

Hey Roberto,

It is a priority issue for us, but I can’t give you a specific release or date that it might be ready. Sorry I can’t give you any more than that at the current time.

— Julie

Nenad
    Participant

Hi Julie,
    Understand that you don’t have an exact date on the update which will address WPML compatibility. But, there are many of us with multilingual website which are waiting for this very important update for us, and I was wondering if you may be able to give us a ball park figure?
    Thank you in advance!
    –Nash

Julie Kuehl
    Participant

You guys! It’s like asking are we there yet? 🙂

Honestly, I don’t have a better answer for you. The best I can tell you, I’ve pretty much already told you.

Hang tight! We’re doing our best to get this to you.

— Julie

Nenad
    Participant

Well, properly organized company should be able to plan activities ahead. For example, we’ll start working on this issue in January 2014, and we anticipate it won’t take more than 15 days to complete it.
    Your answer simply doesn’t make any sense, especially considering the fact that you charge a yearly license fee. We are all paying customers, and I think we deserve to be treated with some respect. If we are paying for your product, and keep telling you we are missing an important feature, then it would be nothing but a normal business practice to address this issue in a more professional manner. Basically, what you are telling me is, hang tight and keep paying…

My yearly license is about to expire, and I need to know the date when you will release the update which will address compatibility with WPML.

Otherwise, I am going to be looking for alternative product.
    Nash

Rob

Hey folks. Thanks for the follow-ups here, and to Nenad, I apologize to hear that you’re feeling disappointed with our level of service.

When it comes to planning ahead: we certainly are trying to 🙂 WPML integration is high on our list of features to work towards. But realistically at the moment, we’re focused on stabilizing the codebase (by ridding it of bugs); getting the most widely requested features integrated; and finishing off some of the new plugins we’ve had on the roadmap for 2014.

While we understand there are a ton of folks using WPML, the main issue here is that the changes are ultimately too broad to integrate in one quick swoop. We’re gradually working towards that but ultimately need to have the infrastructure in place before we can begin attempting to integrate/support third-party plugins.

Based on your deadline, I will say – unfortunately, but with certainty – that WPML integration won’t be ready by the time you renew. If I had to guess I’d wager it’s still at least a few months out. If that doesn’t work for you I sincerely wish you the best of luck in finding a solution that better serves your needs.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Version 3 WPML ready?’ is closed to new replies.