WP_Query with orderby date returns an ordering based on the event's start date

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO WP_Query with orderby date returns an ordering based on the event's start date

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Nicholas Rios
    Participant

Hey,
    I’m trying to retrieve the tribe_events based on posted date, not start date.
    <br><br>
    Is there a built in way to do a single query on the tribe_events post type where orderby->date returns as expected, and not with the start date ordering?

Nicholas Rios
    Participant

I have tried using get_posts and tribe_get_events as well, thinking that it would take my given values instead of overriding them.

I see one place that it overrides:

http://docs.tri.be/Events-Calendar/source-class-TribeEventsQuery.html#597-641

Is it possible to remove that function, but only for one query? I don’t want the entire calendar to break.

Nicholas Rios
    Participant

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/possible-fix-for-tribe_get_events-ignores-values-of-order-and-orderby-args?replies=13

This has supposedly been fixed twice? But it still hasn’t been included in an update.

Please also fix:
    /events-calendar-pro/views/pro/widgets/list-widget.php line 83 needs to have a hook for after_the_meta, not before_the_meta

Nicholas Rios
    Participant

Not resolved as the former link to a forum post suggests, resolved by adding an empty post type to the query so it defaults to using orderby date.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘WP_Query with orderby date returns an ordering based on the event's start date’ is closed to new replies.