Accepting payment for Featured Events (again, kind of)

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Accepting payment for Featured Events (again, kind of)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Carolyn

Hi again. I asked a question about Featured Events a few days ago (https://tri.be/support/forums/topic/upgraded-aka-featured-events-for-advertisers/#post-123477), which you answered for me. But I need a little more clarification.

Your idea of using a category called “Featured Events” is great. I’m assuming that I would need the Community Events add-on so that a business or organization could add their own event. But is there a module that would let them make a payment online at that time to have the event Featured? (i.e. – a payment gateway?) I hope I’m explaining my question well enough. I would like them to be able to click a button right there on the event submission page and make a (pending) payment via PayPal, but the payment won’t go through unless I accept the event for Featured status. I’m not sure how that would work….

Thanks!

Leah

Hi Carolyn,

That sounds like a very cool idea! You are correct that you would need Community Events if you wanted to have users submit events for your calendar. At this time, there is not a built-in way to charge people for events submission. I’d love have you add your votes to our UserVoice thread for that feature- that helps get it on our radar for future builds.

Although this feature is not built-in, you may be able to do it with some customizing. If you’d like to explore that option, I’d be happy to recommend some developers.

Best,

Leah

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Accepting payment for Featured Events (again, kind of)’ is closed to new replies.