Events in Calendar view listed multiple times

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events in Calendar view listed multiple times

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Daniella
    Participant

Hi, In the month view, recurring events are being listed more than once: http://kidoinfo.com/ri/events/month/
    Example, April 3rd, Story Time for Babies and Toddlers.
    By the way, Casey has access to this site.

Thank you.
    I’m not sure it is, Daniella – but do you mean Story Time for Babies and Toddlers or a different story time? If you could create a new thread though that would certainly be appreciated. I’m also seeing another strange effect when I hover over events in month view: I wonder if when you post the new thread you could also share a download link so we could take a look at your theme, just in case there is something we might be able to do differently there?

Thanks!

rockspotclimbing
    Participant

We’re having a similar issue. Here’s the email I got from my assistant who updates our calendar,
    “I was updating the web calendar and I noticed that I was having a few issues with some of the recurring events.
    • Alpine Start <M-F 10-11am>
    • On Feb 4, I’ve got a double posting that continues perpetually
    • On April 10, I’ve got a triple posting that continues perpetually
    • Lincoln Adult Technique: In the admin side this starts getting repeated on March 11 as an event that is reoccurring for 1 week. It isn’t shown on the front end, but it just continues to reoccur perpetually. I can fix these issues by simply deleting these events, but I thought I’d let you know as I have not touched these events since I created them and they were fine earlier this week when I checked the calendar.”

Casey
    Participant

Daniella,
    I’m seeing some other weird behavior on your month view with the tooltips as well. Can you try removing all of your template overrides by renaming the ‘tribe-events’ folder (located in your theme directory) to ‘disabled-tribe-events’. That should allow us to see what your calendar looks like with all customizations removed, so we can see if you might have a customization that is causing the issue?

Thanks! 🙂

rockspotclimbing,
    If your issue is the same as the above please do feel free to monitor this thread, but if you need assistance for your own specific scenario it would be great if you could create a fresh thread of your own. Thanks!

-Casey-

Daniella
    Participant

OK. I did that.

Casey
    Participant

Daniella,
    Ok great, that seems to have fixed the tooltip issue. Are you also seeing duplicate events in your WordPress dashboard, or are these duplicates only displaying on the front-end of your site?

Daniella
    Participant

There are duplicates in the dashboard as well.

Casey
    Participant

Daniella,
    Would it be possible to send us an export of your database for one of our developers to investigate further? If so, just send a private reply with a link to the file, and I’ll pass it along. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

Daniella
    Participant

This reply is private.

Casey
    Participant

Thanks Daniella! I’ve passed this along to our developers and will let you know when we have more information for you. Thanks!

Casey
    Participant

Daniella,
    One of our developers has developed a small, separate plugin that should help with this issue you’re having. Just download the ZIP file from here: https://cloudup.com/c23lu6PhA4u, install it, and activate it. Then you should be seeing it activated in your plugins like this: screenshot.

After installing, you should see a new area on your ‘Events->Settings’ page that will allow you to fix duplicates (screenshot). Give that a shot and see if it fixes the issue for you.

This should be a temporary fix until we implement a more permanent fix with the next update. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

Daniella
    Participant

Hi,

The first round I got a 500 error. I’m trying it again. I got another 500 error, but the number of events is decreasing.

Also, and this is unrelated, but can you ‘fix’ the redirect from clicking the forum link in the email? If you are not signed in it tells you to sign in but then redirects you to the homepage instead of the forum thread I was just on.

Is there a cap on how many it can delete at once?

Thank you!

Casey
    Participant

Daniella,
    We’ve also just released a hotfix that we anticipate will fix your issues here. So, go ahead and update and let us know if you’re still experiencing issues with duplicate events. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

Casey
    Participant

I just wanted to follow up and see if you’re all set here or if you still have further questions. Just let me know if you have further questions or if I should go ahead and close out this thread. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

Daniella
    Participant

I’m still working on merging the duplicates. I will keep you posted. Thank you!

Daniella
    Participant

That seems to have worked. Thanks for all your help with this.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘Events in Calendar view listed multiple times’ is closed to new replies.