Effective Date: May 13, 2020
- the types of information we collect through our Services
- how we use and protect that information
- the types of information we share with others and how we share it
- the choices you have regarding our collection, use, and sharing practices
We also include specific disclosures for residents of California and Nevada, as well as for individuals located in the European Economic Area, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom.
This Policy applies to Modern Tribe and our websites, tri.be and wpforhighered.com (collectively, the “Websites”), and our agency services (the “Services”). It also applies anywhere it is linked. It does not apply to Modern Tribe products with separate privacy policies. It does not apply to non-Modern Tribe websites or mobile applications that may link to our Websites or Services or be linked to by our Websites or Services; please review the privacy policies on those websites and applications directly to understand their privacy practices.
Information We Collect
Information You Provide
We collect, process, and retain information you enter when using our Websites or Services. We collect the following information from you:
- Your name, job title, company, email address, and telephone number when you subscribe to our email newsletter, contact us, or otherwise communicate with us through our Websites or Services regarding our agency services.
- Your email address when you subscribe to our email newsletter.
- Information you provide when you participate in a contest that we offer.
- Your contact information and a record of any correspondence when you contact us.
- Information you provide when you complete a survey administered by us or a vendor acting on our behalf.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you interact with our Websites and Services, certain information about your use is automatically collected. This information is collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies, as well as through your web browser or device. We collect:
- Details of your visits to our site and information generated in the course of the use of our site (including the timing, frequency and pattern of service use) including traffic data, weblogs and other communication data, the resources that you access, and how you reached our site.
- Details regarding the device you use to access our Services, including, but not limited to, your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
- Information about how you interact with our ads and newsletters, including whether you open or click links in any correspondence.
- Information that you make available to us on a social media platform (such as by clicking on a social media icon linked from our Websites or Services), including your account ID or username and other information included in your posts.
Please see below for more information about how our automatic collection of information works.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we collect from you for the following purposes:
- To provide you with our products and services, including to process payments, fulfill orders, and communicate with you regarding your orders.
- To enable additional features on our Websites and Services and to provide you with personalized service.
- To provide you with the best service and improve and grow our business, including improving and optimizing our Websites and Services, understanding our subscriber and customer base, and understanding the effectiveness of our marketing.
- To understand how our Services are being used, track site performance, and make improvements.
- To detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be fraudulent or illegal, including to screen orders for potential risk or fraud, and to comply with legal requirements regarding the provision of products and services.
- To provide you with information or advertising relating to our products and services, in accordance with the preferences you have shared with us.
- To deliver tailored advertising on our Services based on your preferences or interests across services and devices and measuring the effectiveness of ads.
How We Secure Your Information
We use a combination of physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect the information we collect through the Websites and Services. While we use these precautions to safeguard your information, we cannot guarantee the security of the networks, systems, servers, devices, and databases we operate or that are operated on our behalf.
How We Share Your Information
- Outside Vendors: We engage the following types of vendors to perform functions on our behalf: billing and collection providers; auditing and accounting firms; professional services consultants; customer management software vendors; providers of analytics services; security vendors; website hosting services; and IT vendors.
- Social Media Platforms: Where you choose to interact with us through social media, your interaction with these programs typically allows the social media company to collect some information about you through cookies they place on your device and other tracking mechanisms. In some cases, the social media company may recognize you through its digital cookies even when you do not interact with their application. Please visit the social media companies’ respective privacy policies to better understand their data collection practices and controls they make available to you.
- Change of Ownership or Corporate Organization: We may transfer to another entity or its affiliates or service providers some or all information about you in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, acquisition, sale of assets or any line of business, change in ownership control, or financing transaction. We cannot promise that an acquiring party or the merged entity will have the same privacy practices or treat your information the same as described in this Policy.
- Law Enforcement, Legal Process, and Emergency Situations: We also use or disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or on the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) conform to applicable law or comply with legal process served on us or our sites; (b) protect and defend our rights or property, the websites or our users; or (c) act to protect the personal safety of us, users of our websites, or the public.
Additional Information About Our Use of Tracking Technologies
- Site Operations: Enabling features that are necessary for providing you the services on our site, such as identifying you as being signed in, tracking content views, and remembering your preferences.
- Analytics: Allowing us to understand how our services are being used, track site performance and make improvements.
- Social Media: Enabling the sharing of content from our services through social networking and other sites.
Below is a list of these partners with links to more information about their use of your data and how to exercise your options regarding tracking.
|Analytics||How Google uses information from sites or apps that use our services|
|Analytics||New Relic||Privacy Notice|
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can usually modify your browser setting to disable or reject cookies. If you delete your cookies or if you set your browser to decline cookies, some features of the Services may not be available, work, or work as designed. You may also be able to opt out of or block tracking by interacting directly with the other companies who conduct tracking through our Services.
Information collected about you from a particular browser or device may be linked to information collected from another computer or device that we believe relates to you.
You can learn more about ad serving companies and the options available to limit their collection and use of your information by visiting the websites for the Network Advertising Initiative, the Digital Advertising Alliance, and the European Interactive Digital Advertising Initiative. Similarly, you can learn about your options to opt-out of mobile app tracking by certain advertising networks through your device settings and by resetting the advertiser ID on your Apple or Android device.
Your browser or device may include “Do Not Track” functionality. At this time, we do not alter our sites’ data collection and use practices in response to Do Not Track signals.
Please note that opting out of advertising networks services does not mean that you will not receive advertising while using our Services or on other websites, nor will it prevent the receipt of interest-based advertising from other companies that do not participate in these programs. It will, however, exclude you from interest-based advertising conducted through participating networks, as provided by their policies and choice mechanisms. If you delete your cookies, you may also delete your opt-out preferences.
Cross-Border Transfer of Personal Information
If you use our Services outside of the United States, you understand that we may collect, process, and store your information in the United States and other countries. The laws in the United States regarding information may be different from the laws of your state or country. Any such transfers will comply with safeguards as required by relevant law. By using the Services, you consent to the collection, international transfer, storage, and processing of your data, where permitted by law.
Our Websites and Services are intended for users age 16 and older. We do not knowingly collect information from children. If we discover that we have inadvertently collected information from anyone younger than the age of 16, we will delete that information. If you believe that we have collected personal information from children, please contact us using the form below.
Special Information for Nevada Residents
Residents of the State of Nevada have the right to opt out of the sale of certain pieces of their information to other companies who will sell or license their information to others. If you are a Nevada resident and would like to make such a request, please contact us using the form below.
California Privacy Rights
Residents of the State of California have the right to request information regarding third parties to whom companies have disclosed certain categories of personal information during the preceding year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. We do not share your personal information with third parties for direct marketing purposes at this time.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) provides California residents with rights to receive certain disclosures regarding the collection, use, and sharing of “personal information,” as well as rights to access and control personal information. The CCPA defines “personal information” to mean “information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household.” Certain information we collect may be exempt from the CCPA because it is considered publicly available information (i.e., it is made available by a government entity) or covered by a federal privacy law, such as the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, or the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
To the extent that we collect personal information that is subject to the CCPA, that information, our practices, and our rights are described below.
Right to Information Regarding the Categories of Personal Information Collected, Sold, and Disclosed
The following is a description of our data collection practices, including the personal information we collect, the sources of that information, the purposes for which we collect information, and whether we disclose that information to external parties. We may use any and all of the information for any of the purposes described in this Policy, unless limitations are listed. The categories we use to describe the information are those enumerated in the CCPA.
- Personal Identifiers:
- We collect your name, display name, and email address when you create an account or otherwise communicate with us. We collect your email address when you subscribe to our email list.
- We collect your social media handle and basic account information when you interact with our Services through social media.
- We collect a unique numerical identifier, assigned to you by a first-party cookie, automatically when you use our Services in order to identify you, provide the Services, keep you logged in to the Services, and prevent fraud.
- We collect your payment information when you complete a transaction.
- We do not collect your Social Security number, Driver’s License number, or Passport number.
- We collect your IP address automatically when you use our Websites and Services.
- We collect your Device ID automatically when you use our Websites and Services.
- Protected Classifications: We do not collect your age, disability status, gender, race, ethnic origin, religious affiliation, or sexual orientation.
- Commercial Information: When you engage in transactions with us, we create records of goods or services purchased or considered, as well as your purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Biometric Information: We do not collect information about your physiological, biological, and behavioral characteristics.
- Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information: We collect information about your browsing history, search history, information regarding your interaction with websites, and applications or advertisements automatically when you utilize our Websites or Services.
- Geolocation Data: We collect your IP address automatically when you use our Websites and Services. We may be able to determine your general location based on your IP address. If you allow your device to provide us with this information, we use it to make improvements to our products and services, and to provide recommendations and deliver relevant advertising.
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information: If you contact us via phone, we may record the call. We will notify you if a call is being recorded at the beginning of the call. We do not otherwise collect your audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.
- Professional or employment-related information: We collect information related to your company name and job title if you choose to provide it to us. We do not otherwise collect your professional or employment-related information.
- Education information: We do not collect any information about the institutions you have attended or the level of education you have attained.
- Inferences drawn to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences or characteristics: We analyze your actual or likely preferences through a series of computer processes and add our observations to your internal profile. We use this information to gauge and develop our marketing activities, and to measure the appeal and effectiveness of our services, applications, and tools.
We may share any of the above-listed information with service providers, which are external parties that we engage for business purposes and are restricted from using Personal Information for any purpose that is not related to our engagement. The categories of service providers with whom we share information and the services they provide are described in this Policy.
Under the CCPA, to “sell” information means to disclose it to an external party for monetary or other benefit. We “sell” the following information as it is defined by the CCPA:
- Personal Identifiers: We provide IP addresses and device identifiers to our online advertising partners.
- Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information: We provide information about your Internet or other electronic network activity information to our online advertising partners.
- Preferences or characteristics: We provide our observations about you to our advertising partners.
We may also disclose information to other external parties who are not listed here when required by law or to protect our company or other persons, as described in this policy.
Right to Access Information
You have the right to request access to Personal Information collected about you and information regarding the source of that information, the purposes for which we collect it, and the third parties and service providers with whom we share it. To protect your Personal Information, we will verify your identify before we can act on your request.
Right to Request Deletion of Information
You have the right to request in certain circumstances that we delete any Personal Information that we have collected directly from you. To protect our customers’ Personal Information, we will verify your identify before we can act on your request. We may have a reason under the law why we do not have to comply with your request, or why we may comply with it in a more limited way than you anticipated. If we do, we will explain that to you in our response.
Right to Information Regarding Participation in Data Sharing for Financial Incentives
Occasionally, we offer incentives for you to share certain pieces of information, such as your name and email address, with us in exchange for resources such as white papers. Participation in these incentives is voluntary and you may opt out of the data sharing at any time.
Rights of Individuals Located in the EEA, Switzerland, or the UK
We process “Personal Data,” as that term is defined in the EU General Data Protection Regulation, on the following legal bases: (1) with your consent; (2) as necessary to perform our agreement to provide Services; and (3) as necessary for our legitimate interests in providing the Services where those interests do not override your fundamental rights and freedom related to data privacy. Information we collect may be transferred to, and stored and processed in, the United States or any other country in which we or our affiliates or subcontractors maintain facilities.
Individuals that reside in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), Switzerland, or the United Kingdom have the right to lodge a complaint about our data collection and processing actions with the supervisory authority concerned. Contact details for data protection authorities are available on the European Commission website.
If you are a resident of the EEA, Switzerland, or the United Kingdom, you are entitled to certain rights. Please note: In order to verify your identity, we may require you to provide us with information prior to accessing any records containing information about you. These rights include the ability:
- to request from us access to information held about you.
- to ask for the information we hold about you to be rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- to ask for data to be erased if the data is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, you withdraw consent and no other legal basis for processing exists, or you believe your fundamental rights to data privacy and protection outweigh our legitimate interest in continuing the processing.
- to request that we restrict our processing if we are processing your data based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest as an exercise of official authority (including profiling); using your data for direct marketing (including profiling); or processing your data for purposes of scientific or historical research and statistics.
To submit a request to exercise your rights, please contact us using the form below. We may have a reason under the law why we do not have to comply with your request, or may comply with it in a more limited way than you anticipated. If we do, we will explain that to you in our response.
If you have questions or concerns related to this policy, or if you are a California resident and would like to exercise your CCPA rights, please contact us using the form below or write to us via post. We may ask you to provide certain information to us in order for us to verify the request.
Modern Tribe, Inc.
400 S. 4th Street
Ste 410 #87810